Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am happy you have decided to visit. I will do my best to keep it up. Most of my posts will be bible related and I hope that they are true and encouraging.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Persecution

What would happen if you and I were scattered because many  us were being dragged out of  our homes and put in prison for being Christians? In our "scattering" would we continue to preach the Word? In Acts 8 , those being scattered for sharing their faith, continued to do that which got them in so much trouble. I want to live with that sort of dedication in the spreading  of the gospel.


Don't You?


1 comment:

  1. I do. I feel strongly that many in America would "lose" their faith in God if the religious climate took a dramatic upheaval. If it became illegal to believe in God, to talk about Christ, read the bible, or be a Christian how many would stand for their beliefs?

    I like to say that I would stand with Christ that I would stand in the face of persecution. But would I? Peter believed whole heatedly that he would stand with Jesus, even to death.

    Your line of questioning leads me to ask. What do we believe? Are we teaching the foundational truths of our savior in such a way to be ready to give an answer to any man for the reason for the hope within us?

    Our are beliefs in Christ grounded in enough solid rock conviction to suffer persecution? I pray that when that time comes our faith will not fail us. I pray that our steadfast reliance on our savior will give us the courage necessary to face the brutality of hard persecution.

    ReplyDelete