Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am happy you have decided to visit. I will do my best to keep it up. Most of my posts will be bible related and I hope that they are true and encouraging.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Cure

“Return, O faithless sons; I will heal your faithlessness.” “Behold, we come to you, for you are the LORD our God. "
Jeremiah 3:22 

Just how does God heal our faithlessness? In this passage, Jeremiah is comparing physical healing to forgiveness. All he asks us to do is repent (return) and He  in His mercy is waiting to cure our unfaithfulness. How often have we strayed? How often have we been faithless? At times, our unfaithfulness might cause us to run from Him, maybe we assume His mercy could run out. The message of the Old Testament is always , "Repent" , followed by a healing of Israel's unfaithfulness. The same is true for us today. We need daily appointments with the "Great Physician" (Mark 2:17 )


No comments:

Post a Comment